Kullindi

History

Operating a business in a remote area was a brave venture, without road access visitors first travelled by Cob & Co. coach from the railhead at Bomadery to Pelican Point on St Georges Basin and then by open sailing boat across the Basin to their destination. In 1915 the area was changed to a territory enable to the National Capital Canberra to have access to the sea. The management of the guesthouse was handed down to respective family members, Thomas and wife Jessie on retirement moved to their new home now known as “Kullindi Homestead” a building north of the guesthouse and within the “Ellmoos Family Settlement” the business was operated by Norma Mould (daughter of Thomas and Jessie) and now by Tony & Sandie Mould.

Complete details of the family history are available on request.

Back